I am planning to run /walk /crawl again, this time from John O'Groats down 'South' to St Albans .......... not sure how far i will get but its one heck of a journey!

Tuesday 27 April 2010

MARATHON EVENT!

OK! SO I DIDNT ACTUALLY RUN IT THIS YEAR I CANNOT PRETEND! (and i cant say i have done it any other year either actually ....!)

.....But i truly would like to! I think this walk / jog/ run will be the closest i might ever get to completing any marathon!

However, i did go up to Excel to visit the Marathon show and see all the gear you get to wear if you really are a properly qualified marathon runner! And i managed to get given quite a few freebies in relation to my own fast approaching challenge in the form of Hoodies, socks, sports bras, laces and protein snack bars! THANK YOU to all who kindly contributed!

I now just have to pack it in my teeny tiny rucksack and hope i can last the course long enough to use it all!

I tried a practice run with my half filled rucksack this week .... and managed the lengthy time of 15 minutes before collapsing back on my doorstep! No blisters to report of but i was a bit breathless! Methinks the running may be something i can build up to as the trip progresses!

Beginning to gain momentum with my Just giving site now and have had some very generous donations so far - thank you folks..... hopefully i will reach my goal by the end of the walk....

No comments:

Post a Comment