I am planning to run /walk /crawl again, this time from John O'Groats down 'South' to St Albans .......... not sure how far i will get but its one heck of a journey!

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Trip CONFIRMED!

WELL ITS DEFINITELY ON NOW!!!

I have now booked 70% of the accommodation for my overnight stays so i cannot afford to even have a lie in! I have also confirmed today that i will walk to raise funds for Grove House in St Albans so feel pleased i have such a worthwhile recipient for my efforts!

My week on 'holiday' has allowed me to make all the B & B and Hostel bookings and i have been amazed that it has all been possible over the internet with only 2 calls required for payment confirmation! The wonders of the Modern day! The Icelandic Volcano eruption cant stop the Syson!

I have also booked my train to Inverness leaving Kings Cross on Thursday 20th May and plan to get the last bit up to John O'Groats on the Friday, ready for a 7.30am Saturday start on the 22nd May 2010.

I did a practice pack the other day and managed to squeeze all my essenitals into 7.5kg .... bearing in mind i usually leave with 2 x 23kg suitcases for a weekend in New York i was mighty impressed at my first attempt! i think its the scary thought of me carrying it every step of the way that is keeping it slimmed down for now!

I have also got my Just Giving page up and running today so anyone wishing to sponsor me for each mile i crawl, it will be most appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment