I am planning to run /walk /crawl again, this time from John O'Groats down 'South' to St Albans .......... not sure how far i will get but its one heck of a journey!

Thursday 27 May 2010

DAY 6 - REST & RELAXATION .... Mmmmmmm


TAIN TO ALNESS

OK, OK, so maybe i did do this walk yesterday (24 hours ahead of schedule!) but its just as well really, as i cannot walk at all today due to the dreaded blisters and sub blisters and other family members of the same blister clan! I have made the executive decision to give them a bit of R & R (Forces speak for Rest & Relaxation!) and hence caught the bus (using my return ticket .... hmmm, how could i have bought this in advance??!) BTW Bed & Breakfast at Ross Villa was lovely! (Great room, shame i was there on my own!)

Anyway, I got as far as Invergordon relatively quietly but this peace was shattered as a cruise liner was in and all the occupants seemed to think they could fit on to our bus! Well it may have been a double decker, but even quadra decker (is there even such a thing?!) wouldnt have fitted in all their 'Gee ... what a cute bus' comments as they chattered on for the next 2 miles when i thankfully reached my stop!
Alness in the rain, looked much like .... well, Tain in the rain i suppose! Wet and miserable basically....! But the Scottish folks are ever cheery (i guess they must just be acclimatised to it!)

I was able to check into my Tullochard Guest House B & B early thanks to lovely Smiley Shelley letting me in after our pre-agreed arrangements made yesterday! I offered to help make up the beds for a bit of calorie burning, seeing as i wasnt walking today, but she sadly declined and so i was left to burn these up by getting to Morrisons mid afternoon for some lunch.

A whole cooked chicken later - £3 bargain!! - i reached the B & B again after another quickstep shuffle! I have now made some alternative plans with HeadQuarters down south to get a bike brought up next week for me to make up some mileage up that way and give my feet a bit more time to recover! It arrives Tuesday with the children!

Anita is now on the train from Inverness to Alness so i am hobbling down to meet her .... better leave soon to get the 200 yards otherwise it will look like she has come all this way in vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment