I am planning to run /walk /crawl again, this time from John O'Groats down 'South' to St Albans .......... not sure how far i will get but its one heck of a journey!

Sunday 20 June 2010

DAY 30 - SUNNY DONNY!

EGGBOROUGH TO DONCASTER

A good nights sleep and i enjoyed the self service breakfast facilities as it meant i could have breakfast in bed to celebrate Fathers Day!!  I checked out at 11am with Molly and then sat for 1/2 hour in the sunshine on the bench outside waiting for my bus to Doncaster.  Molly ran down the road after i had left to donate £5 to Grove House so that was such a lovely thing to do, it really lifted my spirits along with the sunshine!

It took an hour round the villages to reach Doncaster and i got off just by the Minster and walked through the town centre where there was a really wonderful market going on with loads and loads of stalls with tempting bits and pieces to eat!! Yummy!! I did resist however and instead got my normal salad from M & S to eat later in my room!! :(

It was very busy at all the stalls and my favourites were the Dutch Pancake stall (Surprise surprise!) and the chocolate drizled marshmallows and strawberries! There were also wonderful savoury dishes of creamy garlic mushrooms with herby potatoes and indian stalls and even Kangeroo & Ostrich burgers being sold!  HOw cultured they are Up North!!!

I checked into my Premier Inn room at 3pm and after unpacking a couple of bits i went out for my planned run along the riverside - however after 4 dead ends and no path whatsoever to follow, all i could do was road run and it was a horrible route and my commitment to the run dwindled as quickly as the paths ran out!

I therefore returned rathr deflated after only a 3 mile run which had hardly even left me warmed up! Just frustrated with the lack of direction and route to follow!  I had thought that running was easy peasy - to just follow a pavement and go but with a traffic light every 50 metres and then a roundabout and so many junctions to negotiate, all the stopping and starting just left me annoyed and hot under the collar!!

It was way easier to get into my book and order a meal at JD Wetherspoons for £3.79 including drinks -  Chilli noodles with Chicken  were enough to warm my cockles and put me in a good mood for the rest of the evening!! One more weekend ticked off and only one left to go now as i begin the count down to my last week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment