I am planning to run /walk /crawl again, this time from John O'Groats down 'South' to St Albans .......... not sure how far i will get but its one heck of a journey!

Monday 28 June 2010

DAY 38 - NEARLY HOME ....

BUNTINGFORD TO BISHOPS STORTFORD

Well, today has finally come!! I am reaching a place i can call home!! Back to Bishops Stortford where the children live so that is good enough to be HOME!

Breakfast was a rather casual affair with no cooked brekkie as Mondays is the staffs day off! So cereal, milk from the carton and toast was on the menu which didnt take long to get through..... although it had been a warm night, the room had stayed quite cool but my restlessness to get home had kept me up for an hour and a half in the middle of the night so i was still a bit tired when i set off just after 9am....
I began just off the A10 on a lane towards Hay Street and with the sun beating down already at that hour, it was a hot start and i had stupidly forgotten the sunscreen!  (Ooops!)  Mike dropped off my mum when i had 5 miles left to go, around Braughing (famous for their sausages!) and we dodged the cars in the narrow lane, and even a Gordon Ramsay (look-a-like!) in his big blue Jaguar?!

It was so lovely to have mum join me on my final few miles and although they werent the last miles into St Albans, they were the miles that took me to the magic 500 mark and i felt a little inner glow as i passed that big 5-0-0 number.  (Pat on the back Caro! :0)

It was 11.30 by the time we made the final steps into Duchess Close and it almost felt sad to turn off my Garmin for the last time.....i have decided to do my distance between B/S and St Albans when i get my new bike ... now ordered from Rutland Cycling shop and should be with me either tomorrow or Wednesday (yeehaaaa, cant wait!!)  Maybe i will do it one weekend when the weather is nice ....

Mum and i chilled for a while on the patio and it felt a bit odd to be at a loose end where i didnt have to unpack my bag!!!  Mum then left for her home leaving me to shower and go into town with Mike where i bumped into some old friends i hadnt seen for years!! It did feel really odd just wandering around town, not just having to window shop but funnily enough, now that i could buy things, i didnt actually need anything or see anything i wanted! (how does that work!!)

We collected the children from school and made cakes for tea before Mike did a wonduerful celebration BBQ outside on the patio for us all.  It just feels wonderful to be all together again with the children and i cant tell you how much i have missed them all these 5 & a half weeks .....

And just in case any of you are wondering where & when i am planning my next trip to ......???

Well, that would be telling!  (Heehee!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment